Project Management Engineer
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for starting, leading and monitoring product development projects from contract approval to start of production.
- Lead and oversee a cross functional team to implement the new products. Responsible for development of and communication to the project team.
- Oversee all interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of all commitments made relative to product development timelines, delivery, quality and the required business metrics.
- Organize, plan and manage program schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for tracking relevant metrics and drive action items based on results.
- Responsible for reporting of metrics and actions to the leadership team.
- Benchmark/standardize programs with headquarters in Germany.
- Coordinates program activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Handoff off projects ready to launch to manufacturing including project recap.
- Change management of product and process avoiding deviations to the project plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years Program Management experience, ideally in automotive.
- Additional work experience in product development or process design beneficial.
- Experience with AGILE project management advantageous.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of APQP and OEM requirements.
- Engineering change control processes and evaluation of change options and cost management.
- Strong organization and communication skills (verbal and written) for interfacing with engineering, suppliers, manufacturing and customers.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and web based communication tools.
- Ability to lead a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects at the same time within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates advanced functional, technical and people and/or process management skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills.
- Travel as high as 5-10% depending on projects, including the ability to travel to Germany.
- German language skills beneficial.
- Completed or working towards completion of PgMP.
- RAPA has an excellent work environment, compensation and benefits. Please submit a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
RAPA has an excellent work environment, compensation and benefits. Please submit a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Alabama Drug Free Workplace.