RAPA LP | Location: Auburn, AL, U.S. | Full Time
Headquartered in Germany, the RAPA company is a globally recognized engineering and technology partner and first choice system supplier for the automotive industry as well as numerous customers in the healthcare and industrial sectors – and has been for over 100 years. The product portfolio includes valves and complete mechatronic solutions for hydraulic and pneumatic applications. RAPA employs almost 1,000 people at its sites in Germany, the United States and China. The company philosophy of a medium-sized family business is at the center of all activities.
We are looking for a new team member support our location in Auburn. Come and Join our RAPA Team!
Maintenance Technician 1st Shift (m/f/o)
The Plant Maintenance Team is seeking a Maintenance Technician with proven experience in maintenance of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Manufacturing Automation and Controls systems. Responsible for ensuring the performance of manufacturing systems and supporting the execution and quality of all general, preventative, and emergency maintenance for the manufacturing equipment.
Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and process systems operation and maintenance is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform Repairs and preventative maintenance to resolve and prevent operating issues and maximize efficiency.
- Use technical knowledge, equipment documentation, safety procedures and maintenance schedules to follow, improve and develop preventative and routine maintenance programs.
- Responsible to ensure accuracy of their own work and monitor the quality of the previous operation.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Responsible for workplace safety and adhere to all plant safety rules.
- Ability to work overtime as need.
- All other assigned duties.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Ideal Experience | Desired Characteristics
- Technical Degree in Industrial Technology or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in manufacturing maintenance field.
- Strong experience required in electrical troubleshooting, PLC inputs/outputs, reading wiring diagrams and use of a meter.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, MS Windows and Ethernet required.
- Effective communication, written and verbal skills.
- Salary based on experience.
In addition to an interesting and innovative working environment, we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Platinum Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health Insurance
- Company Paid: Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401K with a 6% Match
- A Healthy work/life balance with 10 Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible working hours
- A clean and climate controlled work environment
- Career growth and development opportunities
RAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Alabama Drug Free Workplace.
Sounds exciting? Apply today and join us! To send us your data and documents, please use our online application form, which you can acess directly from the job advertisment by using the button “Apply Online” or send us an email containing your application (cover letter, CV and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your winning application!
Contact and further Information
For additional information on our company culture, company benefits, or to potentially get scheduled for an interview please contact:
Ms. Meg Smith | P. +1 334 521 7315 | email@example.com
Rausch & Pausch LP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, transgendered or bisexual status, national origin, age, disability or genetics. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, advancement, termination of employment, layoffs, recalls, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All offers of employment at Rausch & Pausch LP are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screen in accordance with company policies. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates and on all employees who are promoted, as deemed necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential physical demands. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms; to lift with arms, flexing elbow; talk or hear; flex hands/wrists/elbows to grip/grasp; see and inspect; bend at knees and waist; and twist at waist. The employee must lift and/or move up to 31 pounds.