RAPA LP | Location: Auburn, AL, U.S. | Full Time
Headquartered in Germany, the RAPA company is a globally recognized engineering and technology partner and first choice system supplier for the automotive industry as well as numerous customers in the healthcare and industrial sectors – and has been for over 100 years. The product portfolio includes valves and complete mechatronic solutions for hydraulic and pneumatic applications. RAPA employs almost 1,000 people at its sites in Germany, the United States and China. The company philosophy of a medium-sized family business is at the center of all activities.
We are looking for a new team member support our location in Auburn. Come Join our RAPA Quality Team!
Quality Engineer (m/f/o)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement, lead, and sustain Quality Management Systems to ensure effectiveness and compliance to the IATF16949 standard.
- Collect and analyze data, track and report metrics, and use to develop detailed action plans.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives that will improve key performance metrics, product quality, process capability, process control, and customer satisfaction.
- Achieve results through effective utilization of strategy deployment, lean manufacturing, 8D root cause analysis, PFMEA, and policy deployment.
- Manage and participate in preventive and corrective action activities, challenging the team to consistently implement accurate and effective solutions that address root cause.
- Manage issues to completion and audit to verify effectiveness and compliance.
- Serve as the site representative with customers, suppliers, and auditors.
- Assist in development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of Management System, including document control, internal audits and corrective actions.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools including SPC, FMEA, Gage R&R, & structured problem solving.
- Participate in Kaizen activities to reduce PPM, total cost of quality, & improve manufacturability.
- Develop inspection methods, gages and be a key resource in optimizing inspection equipment utilization.
- Verify adherence to quality standards, procedures and product requirements.
- Lead identification of quality improvement opportunities, drive root cause analyses, and support quality improvement projects for reduction in PPM and cost of quality.
- Share knowledge of core tools and applicable continuous improvement methods with floor personnel (SPC, MSA, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Engineering or related technical field
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop and implement internal auditing processes and procedures
- Analytical problem solving skills with proven mechanical aptitude
- Experience with IATF.
- Use of spreadsheet tools for Quality and Production Data analysis.
- Ability to work directly with manufacturing and Quality staff to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Understands process stability and demonstrates system thinking.
- Demonstrates high initiative and proactive thinking.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Holds a valid passport and has the ability to travel internationally.
What we offer
- Competitive Salaries | Salary based on experience.
- Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Employer Health Plan: Platinum Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- 401k retirement account with a 6% Match
- A Healthy work/life balance with 10 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible working hours
- A clean, climate controlled, drug free workplace
- Equal Opportunity
- Career development, opportunity for further growth and progression
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
RAPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Alabama Drug Free Workplace.
RAPA offers an attractive workplace and excellent benefits. Are you interested in participating in the electromobility of tomorrow in an innovative environment? Apply now and become part of our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply preferably by online application or send your meaningful and complete application documents (cover letter, CV and references) including your desired salary and earliest possible starting date to email@example.com. To send us your resume, you also can use our online application form.
Contact and further Information
For additional information on our company culture, company benefits, or to potentially get scheduled for an interview please contact:
Mr. Kyle Hester | Human Resources Manager | P. +1 334 521 7102 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rausch & Pausch LP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, transgendered or bisexual status, national origin, age, disability or genetics. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, advancement, termination of employment, layoffs, recalls, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All offers of employment at Rausch & Pausch LP are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and drug screen in accordance with company policies. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates and on all employees who are promoted, as deemed necessary.